Bookkeeping & VAT
As well as looking after the year end accounts and tax returns, many businesses and charities ask us to look after some of their day to day financial affairs.
Ever changing legislation means payroll, VAT returns and book keeping are increasing complicated and the penalties for getting it wrong can be severe.
We can help…
- Process your weekly or monthly payroll and deal with HMRC on your behalf
- Prepare your VAT returns and deal with HMRC on your behalf
- Complete bookkeeping services so your accounts are always up to date
And the benefits for you…
- You remain compliant and will not face any fines or penalties
- It gives you more time to focus on running your business
- You don’t have to worry about staff sickness and holidays
- You know your figures are right so the decision you make are based on accurate financial information
If you get your book-keeping right from the start, it helps with the control of the business and can reduce your accountancy fees.
Multiplus Tax Solutions’ experts can advise you on the best book-keeping system to fulfil the needs of your business. This may be a simplex D cash book, a spreadsheet or a cloud-based computer package like Xero, Sage One or Quickbooks On Line.
If you decide to change to a Cloud based package like Xero, we can offer you with up to one and a half hours of free training.
VAT return preparation
VAT was originally touted as the “simple tax” but it has become one of the most complex as there are several VAT schemes to choose from. We can assist with both the routine preparation of VAT returns and VAT planning in those complex areas where careful planning is essential.
The number of VAT investigations is rising, so it’s important that your accountants have experience – and more importantly, success – in dealing with VAT investigations.
- Help you choose the right VAT scheme for your business
- Advise if VAT registration is beneficial and if so, register your business
- Train your staff to ensure you record VAT correctly, or
- Complete and file your VAT forms for you
- Deal with HMRC in disputes and representing you at VAT tribunals if necessary.
And the benefits for you:
- You are complying with VAT if required
- You’re using the most suitable VAT scheme for your business
- Your staff are trained to complete VAT records correctly
- If we are completing your VAT forms, there’s no stress or hassle: just leave it to us.
- We have all of the information and experience if you are subject to a HMRC VAT investigation.